Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In Memory of LuAnn Nielsen

If any of you went to Orchard Elementary, then you may remember LuAnn Nielsen, also known as "Duty", as the one outside monitoring the kids at recess and lunch time. I was lucky enough to get to know her a little better than just "Duty". When I would meet Kristin halfway to walk to school with her, halfway was where LuAnn lived. She had a little puppy that would follow me to school every now and then. LuAnn had a love for animals and would nurse them back to health, then set them free again. With how often this puppy followed me to school and how much I loved her, LuAnn was generous enough to give her to me, yep! You guessed it, it's Chloie!! The love of my life! :-D Chloie and I would visit LuAnn often, she also got a new dog named Buster, she had me come up and teach him some tricks. LuAnn was always very sweet and hilarious. She's an amazing woman. I just wish that I was able to spend more time with her before she passed away. I haven't seen her in years since I moved and got busy. I know, no excuse, but it makes you realize how fast and unexpected someone can be gone. For me, that's been pretty often recently and has really opened my eyes. I was able to attend her funeral with Kristin's Mom, Kristin was the one who told me about it. Thanks Kris! But the funeral was amazing!! Everyone loved her and had a funny story to tell about her. She has definitely made a huge impact on a lot of people's lives. Lyn and I shared some stories with each other too. She will be sorely missed, especially by her family. She was fortunate enough to pass in her sleep, and she is no longer in pain. We love you LuAnn and will miss your smiles and laughter!!!


LuAnn Thomas Nielsen

LuAnn Thomas Nielsen 1954 ~ 2009 LuAnn Thomas Nielsen, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, silently passed from this mortal existence on March 18, 2009 at her home in North Salt Lake.LuAnn was born June 19, 1954 to Lew H. and Ladine Pehrson Thomas, in Ogden. LuAnn met the "Love of her life", Lynn Nielsen, her senior year at Weber High School. LuAnn and Lynn started out just being good friends, began dating and fell in Love. On June 28, 1974 LuAnn and Lynn were sealed in the Ogden LDS Temple for time and all eternity. LuAnn was a great mother, totally dedicated to her four children and loved them dearly. LuAnn was a wonderful wife, homemaker and help mate to her husband Lynn. After all these years they remained "Best Friends" and her Love and support will be sorely missed. LuAnn was a member of the Orchard 9th Ward LDS Church and held positions in the Young Women's and Primary organizations. The Gospel was the cornerstone of her life. LuAnn worked for 11 years at Orchard Elementary as secretary in the office and the playground "Duty". LuAnn also worked for Dr. Sherman Johnson and Delta Airlines. She touched the lives of all she met and tried to "Scatter Sunshine" all along her way. LuAnn is survived by her husband Lynn, parents Lew and Ladine, sister Barbara (Craig) Rogers, children Meridee, Chantel, Brady (Maria), Jeremy (Alisha) and sister-in-law Karen Thomas. She is also survived by her grandchildren Alexis, Braxton, Isabella, Leah and Landon who were the "Light of her life". She was preceded in death by her brother David L. Thomas. Friends may pay their respects Sunday evening from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Russon Brothers Funeral Home (295 N. Main, Bountiful) and at LDS Coventry Chapel (155 Coventry Way, North Salt Lake) Monday morning from 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to the funeral service. Interment will be in Bountiful Cemetery.

1 comment:

Diogo and Abby said...

I do remember LuAnn; more as "duty" I am sorry to say. It has been years. Amazing. I never knew she have you her dog either. My heart goes out to her family. That was really neat that you were able to go. Very neat of you Mindalyn.