Thursday, February 19, 2009

San Francisco

I was able to go to San Francisco with Kristin, Dustin and Chad. We went down to visit Jessica and to see San Fran. We had a blast. A couple bumps along the road but it was still fun. We headed down Friday night, it was a little bit of a rough drive. We hit a snow storm in Truckee California so we had to buy chains. Well, later on the freeway was closed so we had to pull off. Where we then noticed that we only had chains one tire... Once the freeway opened, we started to get on, but they wouldn't let us until we had chains on both tires. So we had to buy more. Dang it!! We finally made it to Jess' after 12 hours of driving... man.... But it was fun! The next morning, we woke up and Jess made us breakfast. After getting ready for the day, we headed to the Hess Winery. It was pretty cool to see, even though the museum part was a little scary! haha That night was Valentine's so Jess made us a delicious dinner! Thanks Jess! The next day, we headed to San Fran down to the Wharf to see the Seals, and we saw Alcatraz from a distance. It was pooring rain, so we got umbrellas, it was pretty fun though. We went to Ghiradelli Square for a yummy Banana Split, then took the Trolley to China Town, well....Almost....The trolley broke down right before China Town haha. The next day it was beautiful! We went to San Fran again, we went on a Bike ride in Golden Gate Park to the Japanese Tea Gardens awesome! When we got back to the car, it had been beatin in, like someone body slammed the roof of the car. It totally sucks and I feel way bad about it happening. We then headed over to the house in Full House. It's really called the "Painted Ladies". Beautiful, then over to Coit Tower which overlooks the whole city. That night we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. The next morning, we left to come home. That drive took 14 hours. We got stopped for an hour on the freeway and then it was snowing horribly bad. Wow... We did have a ton of fun though, as the pictures will show you!! Hope you enjoyed my novel and my pictures!

2 comments:

Diogo and Abby said...

Mindy, I am just so jealous of the many fun trips with everyone. Sometimes I feel like such a stranger. I've been gone for so long. I bet it was just crazy with all the bumps a long the trip but you can laugh through it together and now that you're home i bet you laugh even more at the memories of it. I am really glad you had a good time. Keep posting. I love looking at your pictures. Tell everyone hi for me k.

Anonymous said...

It looked like you guys had so much fun!!! JEALOUS!!! I can't wait for you to come down and visit me again!! I think we should totally try to spend the night in Vegas this time tho. Love you and I miss you!!!